Create Community This Month at UUCWC
Each month, UUCWC celebrates a theme with opportunities for you to deepen your connection within, among and beyond our community.
December’s theme is Mystery. Let’s let mystery work its magic. Let’s allow ourselves to fall in and be opened up. Here are some ways to become a part of something larger this month.
Discover more about UUCWC’s Worship Services through the holidays here.
If you are looking for opportunities among others, as you Create Community, consider:
- Holiday Plant Sale, December 3, after the service; support UUCWC and enjoy beautiful poinsettias.
- Ask Me Table, December 3rd, after the service. Learn how to get connected with committees and ministries, opportunities to be of service, how to feel more nourished in congregational life and more. Contact Congregational Engagement at email@example.com
- Crossing Chorale, in-person rehearsals on Sundays at 11:30am. Sing at our candlelight service on 12/24 at 8PM. Rehearsals on 12/3 and 12/10. Ability to read music is not a requirement! Email Erin Busch at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Science Circle: Science, Technology and Our Future, December 5th at 7pm, multiplatform**. Discuss recent scientific and technological discoveries and how they impact our self-understanding and rapidly changing future.
- Bake Sale, December 10th after the service. Be a contributing baker or buy goodies to support UUCWC. Can’t wait? Preorder here!
- Super Sunday for Children’s Faith Engagement, December 10th. An opportunity for children and youth to socialize with one another across the age ranges with guided activities; this month our youth lead the activity!
- Outdoor Adventures Hike at Washington Crossing Park, December 10 at 11:45am at the Visitors Center Parking Lot on the NJ side; hike to see the rehearsal of the reenactment of the crossing of the river. Email OutdoorAdventures@uucwc.org if you plan to attend..
- Socratic Group, December 12th, 1pm, in-person. Begun as part of ROMEOs but now open to everyone, this group discusses a philosophical, ethical, or cultural/political question chosen at the time by those attending.
- Holiday Jazz Concert by the South Philly Big Band, December 19th at 12 noon at Pineville Tavern. Join us for a concert of Holiday favorites and jazz standards; all ages welcome! Tickets $15.
- ROMEOs (Retired Old Men Eating Out) Luncheon, December 19th at 12pm. Details on location and RSVP info are in the Weekly Announcements. For more info, contact email@example.com.
- JULIETs (Just Us Ladies Into Eating and Talking) Luncheon, a lunch gathering for all cis* or trans* women in a space that centers women’s experiences, is on hiatus for December. Look for a gathering in the new year.
- Tending the Flame, December 19th, 7:30pm. Parents and caregivers are invited to drop in for a 1-hour time of facilitated connection, support and sharing. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Friday Night Sing-A-Long, every week with a different theme at 8pm on Zoom**. The Weekly Announcement email has details.
- CLUUSTERS Biking Group, for those who enjoy a two-wheeled way to be in good company. To learn more, contact Michael Howe-Smith/the office at email@example.com.
- 80’s Group for those in their 80s and beyond to connect online or in person. Contact Robin Pugh for details at firstname.lastname@example.org.
**Links are in the Weekly Announcements or contact the office at uucwc.org.
Click here for the full listing of all opportunities to Celebrate Life, Create Community and Change the World.