Change the World This Month at UUCWC
Each month, UUCWC celebrates a theme with opportunities for you to deepen your connection within, among and beyond our community.
December’s theme is Mystery. Let’s let mystery work its magic. Let’s allow ourselves to fall in and be opened up. Here are some ways to become a part of something larger this month.
Discover more about UUCWC’s Worship Services through the holidays here.
If you are seeking ways in and beyond our walls to Change the World, consider:
- Used Book Sale, December 3rd after services.Proceeds from Earth & Climate Ministry’s sale of gently used books support “green” projects at UUCWC. Earth Ministry will also have Garden Harvesting of Carrots with UUCWC children (as weather permits).
- NJ Reparations Council Public Hearing Watch Party: December 4 at 6:30pm in room 203. The topic for this second hearing will be the impact of segregation in NJ. Ordering pizza, so please RSVP by December 3 to Regina Zilinski (email in directory)!
- Food Ministry Chili Fundraiser, December 17th following the service. Grab a cup of chili and a corn muffin for $5 before the Holiday Jazz Concert. Net proceeds benefit the Interfaith Food Alliance, a coalition of faith based communities in Bucks County who seek to alleviate food insecurity through advocacy, service and education.
- HomeFront Mitten Tree. Through Sunday, 12/17, donate new hats, gloves, mittens, and socks, for children ages 5-16 attending our weekly tutoring program.
- Turkeys For TASK (Trenton Area Soup Kitchen) Collection continues through December. Many supermarkets give away free frozen turkeys to frequent shoppers. UUCWC will collect donations (free or purchased) for TASK. Learn more here.
- Become an ESL tutor, Ongoing, Wednesday evenings, 6:30-8pm, in Hightstown, NJ. Contact FAM@uucwc.org for details.
- Help three generations of a Syrian family, Ongoing opportunity. Help this family improve their spoken English through micro-mini homestays or by becoming an online English Conversation partner. Contact FAM@uucwc.org for details.
- Make snack bags for HomeFront children and youth with the Food Ministry at coffee hour. Watch for a date and more info in the weekly email or contact email@example.com.
**Check your Weekly Announcements for the link information or contact the office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click here for the full listing of all opportunities to Celebrate Life, Create Community and Change the World.