We are working toward the removal of barriers that allow full participation in our services and activities. In and around our building, you will find:
- Reserved parking for people with disabilities
- Two outside ramps from the parking lot into the upper and lower levels of the building
- A chairlift between the upper and lower levels of the building, run by people who are trained to operate it
- Easy access throughout the building as hallway fire doors are open all of the time and close only when the fire alarm rings
- Automatic door openers on outside doors and on upper-floor bathroom doors
- Large-print hymnals
- Assistive listening devices for use in the sanctuary
- Chairs in the sanctuary with arms that make it easier for people to rise and sit
We strive to make social events and services more comfortable for people with food and scent sensitivities.
We welcome families with special needs
UUCWC’s religious education teachers develop and implement curricula and activities that help children and teachers develop an awareness of the requirements of children and adults who have special needs, so that all people who attend services and events at UUCWC feel included and welcomed in this faith community.