Capital Campaign 2018 – 2022
Capital Campaign Fast Facts (November 2018)
Download as a pdf
- Goal: $1.1Million
- Money pledged so far: $920,000
- Money collected as of Nov 20: $230,000
- Range of gifts: $100 – $115,000
- Households pledged: 131
Capital Projects Highlights
- Township approved parking project
- Parking contract awarded to Mizu Contracting and Landscape Design
- Parking Construction Project work initiated November 2018; projected cost $110,000 (Parking Diagram)
- Our new parking area – photos of how it happened
- Architect contract awarded to David B. Singer
- Anticipate conceptual plans with preliminary pricing first quarter of 2019
- 2016 – UUCWC began a comprehensive strategic planning effort to ensure the continuing strength of the church in serving its ministries and members in the years ahead.
- 2017 – A Strategic Visioning Task Force worked with consultant Andy Hamlin to draft and finalize a document articulating the proposed plans and associated cost estimates, yielding an estimated $1.7 million in proposed renovations, repairs and improvements to the church facility and grounds.
- November 2017 -The aspirational capital campaign goal of $1,100,000 was decided upon.
- March 2018 – The Capital Campaign kicked off together with the Annual Stewardship Drive
- Pledge payments range from 1-5 year financial commitments
- 2019 – Once the architectural drawings are complete they will be sent out to GC’s for bidding.
- Once the architect has presented us with completed plans, we will review and work to prioritize our needs and accomplish as much as we can within the budget that we have pledged so far. We do not anticipate breaking ground until late 2019 or later.
Identified needs with (pre-architectural input) estimated costs
- Parking and Grounds – $110,000
- Renovated and Modernized Kitchen – $140,000
- The Crossings Room – $130,000
- Architects and Permits – $150,000
- The Sanctuary – $120,000
- Expanded Lobby – $300,000
- Office, Activity Rooms, Storage Expansion – $750,000
Capital Campaign Steering Committee: Jayme Trott and Susan Vigilante (Steering Committee Co-chairs), George Faulkner (Treasurer), Farzad Shadzik and Mary Acciani (Building and Renovations Co-chairs)
Contact us at email@example.com.
If anyone is interested in participating as part of the Capital Campaign Steering Committee, we would be extremely grateful for someone with experience in communications. Unfortunately, it is not a core competency of our current team, and we would value the addition of someone who would be willing to share their expertise!!
Join in the excitement as we kick off our Capital campaign on March 4th!
In late 2016, the Unitarian Universalist Church at Washington Crossing began a comprehensive strategic planning effort to ensure the continuing strength of the church in serving its ministries and members in the years ahead.
The inclusive and thoughtful planning process that took place over eight months involved a broad array of leaders and congregants, and yielded an estimated $1.7 million in proposed renovations, repairs and improvements to the church facility and grounds.
Read more about the Capital Campaign and proposed renovations.
Given that we are embarking on a Capital Campaign and it soon will be time for the Annual Stewardship Drive, we have decided to run the campaigns simultaneously this year. This should allow everyone to have a more holistic view of our financial commitments to UUCWC.
So, what does this mean for you?
We encourage you to give thoughtful consideration FIRST to your annual stewardship pledge, as these funds keep the church engine running. We are fortunate to have a growing, thriving church and with that comes the need for additional resources to keep pace with the size and sophistication of our congregation and our programs. There are also general cost-of-living increases to consider. Our hope is that, at a minimum, you will continue your current annual pledge. However, if you are able, we would be thrilled to see you increase your pledge by 3-5% to address our rising costs.
Once you are comfortable with your annual stewardship pledge, we then ask you to identify other resources available to you to help fund a Capital Campaign contribution, which we see as a once in a generation opportunity to sustain and ensure the continuing growth of the church, its mission and ministries. Every gift is important and appreciated and can be extended over five years! We have already received several advance commitments and are excited about the potential of this campaign!
Beginning on March 4, and for the following Sundays through April 29, tables will be set up in the church lobby, staffed by Capital Campaign and Stewardship Committee members who will assist you in the pledge process. If you pledged in the past year, an envelope containing your pledge form along with the amount of last year’s pledge will be available. Those pledging for the first time can pick up a form. You can also download a form here.
We would love to have the opportunity to discuss both campaigns, the proposed renovations and improvements to the church facility and grounds, and any other questions you may have about these financial commitments. Several members have trained as Ambassadors and are eager to answer your questions. If you would like to meet with one of us face to face, please contact us by email at Capitalcampaign@uucwc.org, or tap one of us on the shoulder Sunday morning to set up a time for a deeper conversation.
Jayme Trott and Susan Vigilante
Capital Campaign Co-chairs
Stewardship Committee Chair