Celebrate Life This Month at UUCWC
Each month, UUCWC celebrates a theme with opportunities for you to deepen your connection within, among and beyond our community.
December’s theme is Mystery. Let’s let mystery work its magic. Let’s allow ourselves to fall in and be opened up. Here are some ways to become a part of something larger this month.
Discover more about UUCWC’s Worship Services through the holidays here.
If you are looking for deepening within, as you Celebrate Life:
- Lectio Divina (Reading Poems Prayerfully), every Thursday, 12:30-1pm online**. NO Lectio session on Dec. 30th.
- Pathways concludes on December 11th, 7:30-9pm. Congratulations to all who completed this 4-part exploration of UUism, UUCWC and what it means to be a member of this community. Interested in joining Rev. Kim next time? Contact Robin Pugh at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Breathe: The World Needs You Whole, December 14 at 11am in person or 7:30pm online**. Ministerial intern Lisa Schilansky leads this monthly drop-in to take a pause and feel grounded amid the justice (and other) work you are doing with the church and beyond.
- Racial Justice Book Discussion, Part 2. December 19th for those who attended the first session, discussion continues on White Women: Everything You Already Know about Your Own Racism and How to Do Better by Regina Jackson and Saira Rao, 7pm multiplatform. Contact Pam Shadzik (or the office) to register for online link.
- Services during the holidays:
- The Dark of the Moon, December 20th, special evening multiplatform service at 8pm. As the Winter Solstice approaches, we take time amidst the rush, expectation, and forceful joy of this month to notice the dark, the complexity of this time, the grief and the gratitude.
- Nativity Pageant, December 24th at 10am service. Come join us for a participatory nativity pageant during our family Christmas service!
- Christmas Eve Candlelight Service, December 24, 8pm. Our annual candlelit service, where the ancient story will be told once again, for today’s world and wisdom, with music by our talented choir and special musicians.
- Annual Generations Service, December 31st at 10am. Various generations representing different decades in age reflect on a work of art that moves or influences them, provides insight, comfort or joy. Thanks to Scott Cullen for once again giving us this moving and inspiring service!
- Chalice Circles, Various dates and times, in-person or online options. Small group reflections on the monthly theme. Email Robin Pugh at email@example.com for info.
**Links are in the Weekly Announcements or contact the office at uucwc.org.
Click here for the full listing of all opportunities to Celebrate Life, Create Community and Change the World.