Faith Expression and Funding Team
The Faith Expression and Funding Team is part of the Council for Faith in Action, and focuses on two key areas to support UUCWC’s eight principles and community justice work:
- Oversee allocation of the 50% of the plate designated for social justice;
- Develop annual giving plan;
- Develop/update policies and procedures for all aspects of funding distribution;
- Identify and vet new funding opportunities that are in line with UUCWC’s mission and our UU principles.
Public Expression – Internal
- Report on the distribution of the plate funds;
- Coordinate communications (newsletter articles, website content, etc.) to share information on UUCWC’s justice ministries and facilitate congregants’ involvement with these ministries.
Public Expression – External
- Facilitate and coordinate opportunities for public statements, providing basic information to appropriate people to respond. For example, encouraging and /or endorsing activities or organizations, or statements by minister/board president, as public expression of our faith values.
We are developing policies/procedures to ensure that the way in which we fund social justice work and communicate regarding those efforts reflects our Principles and UUCWC’s mission.
Council for Faith in Action – Funding Policy
How to Obtain Funding for Donations, Social Justice Projects – PDF | Word
Funding approval procedure – PDF | Word
CFA Funding Request Form – Website form | PDF | Word
We welcome your thoughts and questions, and would like to hear from you regarding these important functions, and also encourage your participation in our efforts. Please contact us at CFA@uucwc.org.