by Michael Waas, Trustee, UUCWC Board of Trustees
Spring is in the air…right?
Spring often feels like it holds the promise of new life. We see the signs of new growth – buds are emerging on tree branches, the forsythia is in full bloom, and, since this is New Jersey, the odd minor snow flurry or cold snap (of course!).
This spring also holds so many promising signs of new growth for UUCWC and the Board of Trustees has been focused on the various ways this new growth is manifesting. Some of the key highlights and conversations have been:
• coordinating with the Capital Campaign to finalize plans for the long awaited changes to our physical church home;
• supporting the work of the congregational engagement committee to continue developing meaningful ways for all to be part of, and be sustained by, UUCWC;
• encouraging the work of the Stewardship committee to make this year’s pledge campaign sufficiently support our goals for growth;
• embracing the joy of being regularly back in person while also planning for and embracing UUCWC’s ongoing growth as a multi-platform community; and
• supporting the work of the personnel committee and Rev. Kim to hire and onboard new roles (Director of Faith Engagement, Transitional Music Director, and Controller).
This is indeed an exciting time of transition, growth, and new life, both at UUCWC and in nature.