by Marcia Wittmann, Auction Committee
The UUCWC Spring Auction is right around the corner! Silent Auction Sundays take place April 14 and 28, followed by the exciting Live Auction on Saturday, May 4.
What’s New for 2019
Each fiscal year, revenue from the Auction accounts for 10% of UUCWC’s operational budget. Beginning this year, 50% of net auction proceeds above budgeted revenue will be donated to social action causes — another great reason to support the Auction!
Tips for Navigating the Auction
- In order to make fixed price meals and events more accessible to more people, each family is asked to purchase no more than two meals and two events at the first Sunday Silent Auction April 14. So use your auction book to plan ahead — and prioritize your wish list! (After April 14, you can purchase as many items as you like.)
- Make note of your bidder number, which can be found on the cover of your auction book. If you did not receive an auction book, see an Auction Committee member as you enter. You’ll need that number to bid and to check out.
- Attention New Members! You’ll receive a $10 credit your first two years — and we’ve reserved spots at some dinners and events just for you.
- Child care is available at the Live Auction with pre-registration to make it easy for families with kids to participate. Your young ones will be treated to a special program, as well as a pizza dinner.
- Paying with plastic is convenient, but using this method reduces your donation to UUCWC. If possible, consider paying by check or cash.
March 24 – Contribution deadline. See the contribution form on the website or in the lobby to submit items of your choice.
April 7 – Auction book distribution. Pick up yours up in the lobby and get a preview of this year’s appealing offerings.
April 14 – First Silent Auction at 10:00 a.m. in the Crossings Room. Let the bidding begin!
April 28 – Second Silent Auction. Same time, same place.
May 4 – Live Auction. The doors open at 5:00 p.m. A $25 cover charge includes food, wine and beer, entertainment and child care – what a bargain!
Participating in the Spring Auction is a great way to have fun and fellowship while supporting our community. Come join us as we celebrate all that UUCWC is and all it can be!