The Racial Justice Ministry is responsible for ensuring the implementation of the 8th Principle at UUCWC. We see our goal as supporting individuals on their journey to becoming active advocates/accomplices for bringing about racial justice. We also hold the organization accountable to integrating a racial justice lens in all policy and practices of the church.
Our activities for CY’19/20 include supporting:
- committee/ministry self-assessment on how they are integrating racial justice into their activities;
- The Religious Education Program in providing a continuum of educational and peer support opportunities that help congregants move intentionally from building awareness to becoming an active advocate/accomplice;
- The development of community workshops that increase our own expertise while collaborating with others on this journey;
- The development of a policy on the expectations of future church leaders in role modeling the 8th principle;
- Other social justice teams in the church as part of the Council for Faith in Action.
Contact Co-chairs Regina Podhorin Zilinski or Chris Marietti at CFA@uucwc.org if you would like to learn more or become involved in our work.
Read Rev. Kim’s article, Reset: Council for Faith in Action.