TO: All UUCWC Committee/Team Chairs, Staff, and Congregants:
Each year, the UUCWC Endowment Committee seeks to distribute a portion of the endowment fund’s income (as earnings on the invested principal for that year allow) to finance one or more projects that benefit UUCWC, support UU principles, and would otherwise not be funded by the church’s regular budgets.
The Endowment Committee is pleased to announce that earnings (exclusive of contributions) in 2017 were sufficient to once again allow for a limited amount of grant funding. Funds will be available after July 1, 2018 and are to be expended by June 30, 2019.
The Endowment Fund was established in 2001 and is made possible through the generosity of individuals whose contributions to the fund strengthen the financial security of UUCWC. Many contributions have been made in memory of loved ones, in honor of special occasions, or simply in support of our beloved community.
Note that the deadline for application submission is Sunday, March 11, noon. In the interim, please do not hesitate to contact the Endowment Committee (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have any questions.
Jim Erb, Chair; Kerryn Brandt, Bill Cox, Barbara Drew & Janet Hubbard
UUCWC’s Endowment Fund:
- Was established over a decade ago (2001) through generous donations from UUCWC members;
- Is a restricted fund, completely separate from the annual operating budget of the church, with proceeds distributed only by the Endowment Committee;
- Receives funding strictly through donations and the investment earnings;
is our savings account for the future;
- Provides for long-term financial security, allowing our community and mission to continue to prosper;
- Supports unique projects at UUCWC through grants to committees, groups or members for items and projects that enrich our lives and support UU principles, but are beyond the scope of the annual operating budget.
In recent years, funds have been distributed to support special social action projects, install and enhance safety and security systems, enhance Religious Education programming, and study and implement energy efficiency projects. Endowment Grants have also been used to improve technology through cell phone reception enhancement, and a microphone earpiece for the minister & director of lifespan religious education.