Murray Grove oﬀers space for groups to hold their own retreats and conferences and organizes its own programs including summer camp, an annual women’s retreat, and a Homecoming celebration at the end of each September. The organization currently has an annual operating budget of $400K, nine employees, and six board members. The physical property includes two guest houses that can accommodate 40 individuals, commercial kitchen, dining and meeting spaces, and a pool and campground.
The Board of Trustees is currently seeking an Executive Director who will be a leader dedicated to ensuring Murray Grove remains a natural setting for hope, transformation, service and fun!
The Executive Director will manage the operations, stewardship, marketing, and programming of Murray Grove. The ﬁrst 12 months will focus on marketing and communicating use of the retreat space, ensuring collaboration with the staﬀ and board, and revisiting the organization’s business model. The Executive Director reports to the Board and is accountable for the development and fulﬁllment of Murray Grove’s vision and purpose.
- Directs Murray Grove’s year-round 24/7 administration and operations
- Executes plans for operations, programming, marketing in close cooperation with the Board and staﬀ
- Cultivates an environment that welcomes guests and creates memorable programs or retreat experiences through management of buildings, grounds, and guest space
- Develops collaborative relationships with community, guests, donors and Unitarian Universalist congregations and related groups.
- Recruits, hires, and develops a highly eﬀective, and eﬃcient, and supportive team, inclusive of part-time and seasonal staﬀ
Marketing and Community Outreach
- Leads marketing eﬀorts to promote Murray Grove and its programs to guests, members, donors, allied organizations, grantors, Unitarian Universalist congregations and the local communities at large
- Actively engages with the communities surrounding Murray Grove to provide a spiritual, moral, educational and cultural presence in the larger community
- Establishes and maintains an eﬀective system of communications with constituents throughout the community.
- Oversees and safeguards ﬁnancial and physical property ensure the long term health and sustainability of Murray Grove
- Partners with the Board to support the board and staﬀ and to implement an overall income generation plan inclusive of individual donations, grants, and earned income through facility rentals.
- Develops and implements eﬀective fundraising plans including being personally involved in major donor cultivation and solicitation.
Qualiﬁcations and Experience
- Strong organizational leadership and communications skills
- Experienced in leading operations including the creation and oversight of budgets and operational plans
- Strategic planning and creative problem solving
- Fundraising skills, including the ability to represent Murray Grove with enthusiasm and passion to donors, visitors, and the public
- Marketing, promotion, and networking skills
- Ability to work well with people from diverse backgrounds, including people from diverse faith communities
- Flexibility and adaptability to manage the ﬂuctuating demands a 24/7 conference center
Work Experience and Education:
- Prior experience in hospitality, camp, or conference center management position with executive-level and ﬁnancial responsibilities
- Prior management experience in the nonproﬁt sector including ﬁnancial responsibilities
- Development and event-planning experience
- Marketing experience
The Executive Director is required to reside within a reasonable daily commuting distance to Murray Grove in order to be actively involved in the communities and cultures surrounding Murray Grove. Residing a daily commuting distance is necessary to develop and maintain community relations
integral to the success of the Center and to be available for any emergencies that may occur at tMurray Grove.
The salary for this position is $60,000.
Applying to the Position:
Interested candidates are encouraged to send your resume to: email@example.com with “Executive Director Search” in the subject line. Interested candidates should provide a resume and cover letter by Monday, November 27, 2023. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis; early applications are strongly encouraged. The cover letter may be addressed to the “Murray Grove Board” and should describe the candidate’s interest in Murray Grover, professional experience, and qualiﬁcations, and suitability for this role.
Murray Grove Association is an equal opportunity employer that values and celebrates diversity, equity, and inclusion. Murray Grove does not discriminate on the basis of race or ethnicity, color, national, social or indigenous origin, ancestry, genetic information, gender identity, sex or gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, age, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital or partnership status, veteran status, military service status, arrest or conviction record (as provided for by applicable law) or any other class or status protected by law.