UUCWC is looking to hire a Worship Audio Visual Tech Coordinator responsible for managing collaboratively the audio/video and other technical support for multi-media streamed and/or live presentations through Zoom or other platform for the Unitarian Universalist Church at Washington Crossing (UUCWC). This position will report to the minister for scheduling and task assignment, while coordinating with others as needed.
Schedule is an anticipated minimum of 4 hours on Sunday morning (expected hours 9am-1pm) at the church (these hours are mandatory) with an additional 3 hours of other tasks, for a total of 7 hours per week year-round. This is a non-exempt, part time position.
- Physical presence each Sunday at the church coordinate the set-up, operation, and maintenance of equipment used to enhance live worship services and other events through Zoom or other platform, including microphones, video cameras, projectors, sound mixing equipment, and A/V playback/recording devices. Alerts church office if major repairs are needed.
- Coordinates and manages the Zoom component of Sunday worship, and potentially rites of passage and congregational meetings as they arise. Troubleshoot technical problems as they arise through the Zoom broadcast of worship service; react quickly in the high-stress live environment.
- Train and manage volunteers supporting church A/V systems.
- Weekly, coordinate the download and distribution of cloud recordings and reports of the UUCWC Sunday service. Edit the content of video and audio for posting videos and podcasts shared to social media, website may be required.
- Manage files/records of A/V recordings and activity. REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Ability to read and write English in an understandable manner
- Possess a valid driver’s license (negotiable)
- Must be over the age of 18
- Be qualified to work in the United States
- Possess a valid Social Security Number
- Dependability and punctuality are essential.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Zoom, audio/video/graphic editing software, multimedia production including Microsoft and Google suites.
- Experience and proven success operating the following equipment: including multi-channel sound board, assisted listening systems, local rebroadcast system, modular sound equipment, and interfacing with guest systems.
- Ability to work in Windows; Mac OS desirable.
- Ability to troubleshoot A/V equipment.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to interact with UUCWC volunteers, guests and staff, often under deadline pressure.
- Ability to prioritize work assignments.
- Understanding of organizational values and ability to work in support of essential UUCWC values, including being a welcoming congregation, a peace site and eco-friendly.
Pay: $20-25 per hour, commensurate with experience.
Interested candidates should contact firstname.lastname@example.org; no phone calls.