We invite you to explore the many reasons to contribute an item, event, service, craft, or gift card to support our community and participate in the bidding and purchasing during the auction event. Some examples of the items you could bid on and purchase follow our top 10 reasons to Sing into Spring! by joining in the Auction event.
10. Auction offerings are a great way to get to know others and to stay connected! (Spirituality workshops, meals, small social gatherings, recreational and cultural outings, games, skilled services and hand-made items!)
9. It is “better to give than to receive.” Through the spring auction you can give and receive! (Yard clean-up, Handyman services, Custom Foods, New or like-new Indoor Grill and more!) Submit your Contribution form by Sunday, April 3.
8. Auction proceeds support the annual operating budget and help us to support social justice programs after our targeted amount is met. UUCWC’s Council for Faith in Action has designated this year’s recipient as the UrbanPromise Trenton, whose mission is to equip Trenton’s children and young adults with the skills necessary for: Academic Achievement, Life Management, and Spiritual Growth. (More info here)
7. The Auction provides opportunities to learn or hone new skills or crafts. (Knitting lessons, Puff pastry/croissant making, Games and more!)
6. You could support local businesses by purchasing a gift card as your contribution to the auction. (Yardley Inn, It’s Nutts and many more!)
5. The Auction has many great meals and custom-prepared specialty foods available. (Steak & Seafood, Day of the Dead, Soup Sampler, Sourdough Dinner Rolls, Cheesecake, Breads, and more!)
4. There are bargains! The auction offers something for everyone, in every price range. Some items and events are fixed price, others are for competitive bidding.
3. Check off your bucket list: the auction provides opportunities for that cultural experience you have always wanted to try such as the Philadelphia Flower Show, local art museums, flower and forest preserves and much more. Where would you like to go?
2. You make a difference by participating whether as a donor or as a purchaser/bidder. Last year’s auction raised more than $35,000 in proceeds. We need you to help make this successful and welcome you to experience this event.
1. The Auction is fun! Bidding and purchasing is convenient and accessible to all through an online auction, beginning on Saturday, April 30th and continuing through Saturday May 7, ending at 11:59 pm. For more info, contact the Auction Team at email@example.com, we are happy to help! You can also get ideas and more info at the church website Giving Tab Auction page.
Barbara Drew, Lori O’Neil, Jayme Trott, and Marcia Wittmann, Co-chairs, Auction Team 2022