UUCWC is seeking applicants for a Part Time Controller position to be hired to begin likely February/March 2022.
Part Time Controller
The Controller at the Unitarian Universalist Church at Washington Crossing (UUCWC) is a new position and is subject to modification.
The Controller will report to the Senior Minister. However, the Controller will work most closely with UUCWC’s Treasurer and Congregational Administrator, and will support the work of the Finance, Endowment, Fundraising, and Stewardship Committees. In addition, for the next few years, the Controller will also work closely with UUCWC’s Capital Campaign Treasurer.
The position is expected to average 60 hours per month after a training period during which the average number of hours may approximate 20 hours per week. It should be noted that the average number of hours per week will vary as the first and last week of each month require more than 15 hours, while mid-month hours will be less than 15 hours. The hours per month would also vary as some activities are performed quarterly and some are annual, as detailed below.
This is expected to be a mostly remote position, with on-site visits required to collect checks to be deposited and file records, as well as occasional meetings.
This is a non-exempt, part time position.
Daily /Weekly/Semi-monthly: Cash Management – QuickBooks and ICON Management Software
- Collect checks from Church and prepare deposits, deliver deposits to the bank
- Payment of all approved invoices using QuickBooks check writing
- Perform QuickBooks data entry including:
- Bank deposits into all accounts, documented with ICON deposit detail
- Direct deposits sent to Cash A/C via EFTs from church members/friends
- Payments made by online debits including payroll
- Perform ICON Management Software data entry to record all donations received and monies deposited
- Answer questions and respond to financial information requests from Finance Committee, Board of Trustees, UUCWC staff, and Committees/Ministries
Monthly and Quarterly
- Monthly Account Reconciliations: Cash A/C’s, PayPal, Brokerage, UU Common Endowment Fund
- Make monthly adjusting entries in QuickBooks
- Transfer funds as requested
- Prepare Income Statement, Balance Sheet, and Cash Report for Finance Committee and Board of Trustees
- Prepare monthly reports for Committees/Ministries
- Quarterly review of payroll company tax reports for accuracy and reconciliation to QuickBooks reporting
Annual: End of Fiscal Year or Calendar Year
- Coordinate with Finance Chair and Congregational Administrator to provide financial information as needed
- Enter budget into QuickBooks in preparation for new fiscal year
- Make year-end journal entries as needed
- Update authorized account signers with bank
- Prepare IRS Form 1099 for contractors
Qualifications and Skills
- At least three years of experience with responsibilities listed, hands-on experience with QuickBooks and MS Excel software, and comfort with learning to use church management software from ICON Systems
- Small business experience preferred
- Meticulous attention to details and ability to consistently adhere to monthly schedules and deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
Approximately $25 per hour, depending on skills and experience.
The Unitarian Universalist Church at Washington Crossing serves communities in western Mercer County and the surrounding communities in Hunterdon and Bucks Counties. As Unitarian Universalists, we believe that we need not think alike to love alike, and we freely draw from many sources for inspiration and guidance. We pose no creed, believing that spirituality is personal and evolves throughout our life journey. Our own quest is enriched and empowered by the diversity of our community. For more information about our church please visit www.uucwc.org.