My articles for the past few months have been of a serious nature. Thought I’d share some church music humor with you this month!
Church Bulletin Music Bloopers:
- The choir invites any member of the congregation who enjoys sinning to join the choir.
- A bean supper will be held on Tuesday evening in the church hall. Music will follow.
- At the evening service tonight, the sermon topic will be “What is Hell?” – come early and listen to our choir practice.
- Miss. Charlene Mason sang, “I will not pass this way again,” giving obvious pleasure to the congregation.
- Next Thursday there will be tryouts for the choir. They need all the help they can get.
- All singles are invited to join us Friday at 7pm for the annual Christmas Sing-Alone.
- The Pastor will preach his farewell message after which the choir will sing “Break Forth Into Joy.”
- Eight new choir robes are currently needed, due to the addition of several new members and to the deterioration of some older ones.
- The music for today’s service was all composed by George Friedrich Handel in celebration of the 300th anniversary of his birth.
- Today’s sermon: “How much can a man drink?”, with hymn singing from a full choir.
- This evening at 7pm there will be a hymn sing in the park across from the church. Bring a blanket and come prepared to sin.
- Attend and you will hear an excellent choir and heave a healthy lunch.
- Sermon: “Do you know what hell is?” Come hear our choir.
- During the absence of our soloist, we have the rare privilege of hearing a good singer when Elizabeth Brown will be singing for us.
- Our next song will be, “Angels We Have Heard Get High.”
- A song fest was hell at the Methodist church Wednesday.