by Marcia Wittmann, Auction Team
The much-anticipated UUCWC Spring Auction, “Keeping It Kindled” is right around the corner! Now’s the time to look ahead and plan your participation in this fundraising and fun-raising, event. Online bidding opens Saturday, April 29, at 9:00 am., and continues through Saturday, May 6, ending promptly at 9:00 pm.
You’re invited to the In-person Kick-off Party, Friday, April 28, 6:00 pm, featuring:
• Entertainment & Refreshments
• Showcase of Physical Items
• Door Prize and Raffle Baskets
• Auction Book Distribution
• Registration Help
• The Boutique
• FREE Childcare
In addition to previewing physical items displayed in the Sanctuary, you can review the entire array of 250+ auction items in the professionally printed auction book. The book will also be available on the UUCWC website on April 17.
You can map out your auction bidding strategy by reviewing the instructions, then selecting the items you’d like and prioritizing them. The Auction Online site will also list all the items, each with a graphic representation of the item being offered.
You might even win the Door Prize — an Amazon Kindle E-Reader! And be sure to purchase your tickets for three auction-themed gift baskets: Light of Truth, Warmth of Community and Fire of Commitment.
For even more shopping opportunities, the Boutique is back! You will find many bargains on small home or garden accessories, scarves, pocketbooks and jewelry.
Special guest musicians will play for your listening enjoyment
Philadelphia-based saxophonist, composer and educator Chris Oatts is the founder and bandleader of the South Philly Big Band, an ensemble that UUCWC folks will recognize from our annual holiday concert! Chris has performed, recorded, or toured with the likes of Seal, Jazz Orchestra of Philadelphia, Chelsea Reed and the Fair Weather Five, The Philly Pops, Terell Stafford, Wycliffe Gordon, the Vanguard Jazz Orchestra and The Temptations.
Elijah Cole, a Philadelphia-based guitarist, pianist, and composer, studied at Temple University, where he was able to immerse himself in the rich Philadelphia music scene, while studying with musicians such as Terell Stafford, Peter Bernstein, Mike Moreno, Dick Oatts, and Rodney Green.
Preview here some of the appealing items that can be yours
Whether you’re interested in meals, services offered by church members, items for your home or to give as gifts, or vacation getaways, there’s something for you in this year’s auction, at all price points.
Take a sneak peek here at just a few of the many and varied items you can purchase or bid on, including some annual favorites and many new offerings:
• Getaway, Anyone? Poconos Escape, Rehoboth Beach House, Stockton Retreat.
• Family and Hands-on Adventures – Feed baby goats! Experience falconry! Race go-karts! Go orienteering! Sightsee in a private plane!
• Start your own Band … with a handsome Yamaha FG acoustic guitar.
• Sermon of Your Choice, offered by Reverend Kim Wildszewski for each of 4 seasons.
• Dining In – Enjoy French, Italian, German, Mexican, Indian or Garden-to-Table cuisine hosted by UUCWC members, and much more.
• Dining Out – Atzlan Grill, Market Roost, Charcoal, Vecchia Osteria, Brick Farm Tavern, to name a few.
• Homemade Food Delivered – soups, pies, cookies, cakes, breads galore!
• Gift Cards – A wide array including Arden Theatre, Gingered Peach, Cherry Grove Farm, Black Bass Inn, Grey Stone, It’s Nutts, Washington Crossing Inn, Colonial Farms, Seasons Garden Center, and Newtown Bookshop, many donated by the businesses.
• Services – Bicycle Tune-up/Repair, Tech Assistance, Hair Styling, Knitting Lessons, Handyman Services, Anxiety/OCD Counseling.
• Events – Wine Tasting, Movie Nights, Golf Outings, Nature Hikes, Craft Workshops, Holiday Singalong, Book Swap, Symphony Orchestra Concerts.
• Memberships & Tours – Philadelphia Museum of Art, Grounds for Sculpture, Michener Museum, Bowman’s Hill Wildflower Preserve.
• Physical Items – Celestron Telescope, Pamper Chef Pressure Cooker, Black Leather Bag, Occasional Table, Framed Photos, Decoy Ducks, Jewelry, Husqvarna Huskystar Sewing Machine, Ercol Plate Rack.
• Gift Baskets – collections and themes, several donated by church committees, include: Wines, Beer, Edye’s Naturals (skin care), Book Lovers, Farm-Fresh Products, Garden Supplies, Baking with Kids, and so much more!
Make connections and build community all year long.
Our members express it best:
“The auction lets us connect, learn, grow and have fun—all while supporting our beloved community. It’s a great chance to share what you love and get to know other members and friends better. The auction is the highlight of the UUCWC year because we all share our strengths and shine together!”
— Michelle Zechner
If you have questions or would like more information, email email@example.com.