Dear Members and Friends,
As you know, positive cases in both Mercer and Bucks counties continue to rise. Based on Covid Act Now, we have moved from “high” to “very high” risk level, a category that the leadership had agreed would close the building for all use.
However, as we’ve communicated since the first regathering guidelines were published, we are taking the mental and emotional health of our community as seriously as our physical well-being. Our revised Regathering Guidelines (rev. 12.9.21) for vaccinations, boosters, maskes, etc. can be found here.
As always, worship and congregational life will continue to be held remotely for all who do not feel safe attending. We will continue to manage the risk while celebrating this transition to a truly multi-platform community.
Regathering weekend 12/18-12/19
We invite you to a Church Rededication Ritual on Saturday, December 18th at 10am for new members who joined since March 2020, and at 10:30-11am or 11-11:30am for all members, friends and visitors. Open by registration** to 20 people per time slot. If more slots are needed, times will be made available. Sign up here.
On December 19th, we will welcome our congregation to our first multiplatform (streamed and in-person) worship service “Out of the Womb of Night”. We will have limited seating and will require registration** for in-person worship. Sign up here.
Also on December 19th, Robin Pugh, Director of Lifespan Faith Engagement, will also offer a virtual Family Chapel from 9-9:30am. To attend, click here.
December 24th, Christmas Eve
We invite you to join us for Christmas Carols and community outdoors at the church from 4-5pm. No RSVP needed, but the event is weather permitting. We regret that we will not be serving refreshments as previously planned.
Our Christmas Eve service at 8pm, “Tidings of Comfort and Joy”, will be online.
December 26th Online worship at 10am
Close out December with this fully remote service on Gratitude provided by Rev. Kim and UUA President Rev. Susan Frederick-Gray
January 2, 2022 Online worship at 10am
“UUCWC Annual Generations Service: Who Knows Where the Time Goes?”
Led by Scott Cullen and featuring stories from 10 UUCWC members. (Image byTomasz Mikołajczyk)
**Important Information for those registering for any in-person event:
- We are a covenantal community bound by the sacred promises we make and keep. To attend in-person services, vaccination in the last 6-8 months and/or booster, for those who are eligible, is expected.
- Masks indoors will be required for those over the age of 2 regardless of vaccination status per current CDC guidelines.
- We will have nametag lanyards that indicate your comfort with distancing: Red = “I’m keeping my Distance right now”; Yellow = “Avoiding contact but happy to chat”; Green = “Open to handshakes, hugs and high-fives”.
- Sanctuary seating for Sunday worship will be limited to 100 people, including choir and hosts, to allow for physical distancing indoors; attendees will be responsible for distancing themselves. (Reference note: two chairs is the equivalent of 3 feet.)
- Those who register for in-person worship service should arrive at church no sooner than 9:20am and with enough time to allow time for check-in before taking a seat in the Sanctuary by 9:50am.
- There will be no Fellowship Hour following service, and socializing before and after the service outside, rather than in the lobby, is encouraged.