Strategic Vision Task Force
UUCWC’s Home Improvement Project
Background and Timetable
- Identify facility concerns that interfere with our ability to fulfill the mission and vision of UUCWC.
- Estimate costs to renovate and improve the facility and grounds.
- Gather input from the congregation regarding the identified needs, the Task Force’s recommended priorities and options for meeting them, and then revise the proposed changes accordingly.
- Develop and present our findings at a Congregational meeting, at which time a vote will be taken on the proposed options and priorities, and whether to move forward with preparing for a capital campaign to pay for them.
- If approved by the congregation, expand our task force and conduct a feasibility study to determine if we can raise enough money to fund all, or at least the most critical, of the identified renovations and improvements.
As of May, we have identified many preliminary needs aligned to our Mission & Vision, refined them into specific projects with estimated costs, and briefed the congregation in early April on the task force, its purpose and activities. We now are ready to start gathering input from the congregation.
Who Is on the Task Force?
The task force was selected to include individuals with a variety of expertise and perspectives and knowledge of UUCWC’s history (particularly related to the facility and the capital campaign in the 1990s).
- Jayme Trott (task force chair)
- George Faulkner
- Steve Fishbein
- Andrew Hamlin (consultant to the task force)
- Kevyn Malloy
- Robin Pugh
- Pete Rafle
- Steve Saddlemire
- Farzad Shadzik
- Rev. Kim Wildszewski
How Can You Help?
We want your input! We’re setting up focus groups (“cottage meetings”) for informal presentations and discussions with you at church. The meetings are scheduled for:
- Sunday, June 11, 11:30am
- Tuesday, June 13, 7:00pm
- Wednesday, June 21, 7:00pm
- Sunday, July 9, 11:30am
- Thursday, July 13, 7:00pm
- Sunday, July 23, 11:30am
Please click here to rsvp for the meeting that you would like to attend.
We will also make available in the office and elsewhere paper suggestion forms. Or, you can complete our online form here.