Dear Members and Friends,
We are writing to let you know about the changes that will enable UUCWC’s Auction 2020 to go forward, with gatherings at church being very limited for an unknown period of time due to the health emergency.
In prior years, consideration was given to setting up an online Auction, however we all appreciated the “fun, food and fellowship” provided by the silent and live auctions. With the current situation, now is the time to move forward with an online Auction system! We make this shift with the support of the Board of Trustees and Finance Committee and ask for your support as well.
As we work out the new procedures to accommodate our auction online needs, we will appreciate your support and patience. Our budget depends on the auction proceeds and we continue to have the goal of fostering fellowship and community through the auction offerings.
The Auction Team is working quickly on new logistics. Below are highlights of what we know right now. Much more information will follow as we work out the details.
- Please continue to submit your auction contributions! The deadline is Wednesday, April 1st. Thanks to those who already have submitted events, gift cards, baskets, and other items. Please be as generous as you can! You can find donation ideas, the online donation form, and more on our website Auction page.
- Silent and Live Auctions: We will not hold any aspect of the silent or live auctions at church. This includes the gala and boutique. We are disappointed about this, but it is in the best interests of everyone’s safety.
- Online Bidding: The online auction will be live for one week from Saturday, May 2 at 10:00 am through midnight on Saturday, May 9.
- Auction Book: Our beautiful book with all the wonderful auction items will still be printed for your use and available for pickup at church on April 19. It will also be posted on the Auction page on the UUCWC website on that date. This will allow plenty of time to review the auction items before bidding begins online.
- Bidding procedures: Every bidder will need to register online with a credit card in order to participate. Specific details will follow, but we intend to open the registration on Sunday, April 19. The Auction Team will be available to guide you through this process.
Let’s give this a try! We anticipate that, with your help, we will still be able to have a successful auction financially and in creating fun times for us to be together in the future when this health emergency is past. Thank you for your participation and support!
In faith and fellowship,
The Auction 2020 Team