UUCWC’s Safety Team is working on or has completed the following Safe Congregation Procedures:
- Emergency 911 information and floor plan with exits and exit routes highlighted are located by the door of each meeting/classroom.
- Safety protocol is in place during each service. It would be implemented by Rev. Kim Wildszewski, the Worship Associate, Anchor, Greeter, Usher, and the Sound person if necessary.
- The Crossings Room Door will no longer be open before 10 AM. Please enter by the lobby door and proceed to lower level to drop off items for Fellowship Hour and Kitchen Ministry.
- At least one person is present in the church lobby during the 9am and 11am church services
- We are working on a detailed Emergency Response Plan and developing a trained emergency response team.
- Safety Team will meet with our DLRE and RE teachers to plan a practice fire drill for our RE classes.
- The Safety Team will meet with Rev. Kim Wildszewski, Worship Anchor, Worship Associates, Greeters and Ushers to plan a church wide fire drill.
The Safety Team welcomes new members and input from our church community.
UUCWC’s Safety Team was established to implement the findings of the Safety Task Force. The Task Force recommended a number of actions and procedures to ensure the safety of our congregation and those using our building. Church Safety is a broad portfolio ranging from ensuring safety signage throughout the building to a protocol for responding to an emergency. The Safety Team is tackling each of the recommendations of the Task Force to ensure a safe community.
Safety Team Chair