In response to a number of requests, the UUCWC Board of Trustees asked our Task Force on Reopening to recommend how we might safely permit groups of members and friends to meet on church grounds. This would not include meetings in the church building, as we are not yet ready to consider that possibility.
The task force reviewed New Jersey and Pennsylvania requirements and CDC guidelines and decided it would be safe to open the grounds only, including the Memorial Garden and Meditation Trail, as long as we adhere to the current published standards.
The Board has approved these requirements:
- Email email@example.com if you plan to use the grounds and, afterwards, provide a list of attendees in case contact tracing is needed.
- Wear a face covering / mask.
- Stay at least a 6’ from others.
- Do not visit the church grounds if you are feeling ill or have had contact with a person with COVID-19.
- Do not enter the church building, even if you have a key; it is closed, including bathrooms.
- Play at your own risk on the playground equipment which will not be sanitized.
- Bring your own chairs and do not share food or beverages.
- Take all trash with you as trash pick-up at the church is suspended.
We will have a sign at the church reminding everyone of these requirements.
Thanks so much for your cooperation, and for keeping yourself and others safe and healthy.
Task Force on Reopening
(George Faulkner, Marty Friedman, Susan Irgang, Robin Pugh, Bernie Ruekgauer, Steve Saddlemire, Linda Vogt, Michael Waas – Board Liaison)