In response to a number of requests, the UUCWC Board of Trustees asked our Task Force on Reopening to recommend how we might safely permit groups of members and friends to meet on church grounds. This would not include meetings in the church building, as we are not yet ready to consider that possibility.
The task force reviewed New Jersey and Pennsylvania requirements and CDC guidelines and decided it would be safe to open the grounds only, including the Memorial Garden and Meditation Trail, as long as we adhere to the current published standards.
The Board has approved these requirements:
UUCWC grounds are open and available with the following guidelines:
1. Leaders of groups using the grounds are responsible for maintaining a list of attendees in case contact tracing is needed; there is no need to notify the office if you plan to use the grounds.
2. As the outdoor mask mandate has been lifted in NJ (Exec. Order 241), UUCWC will not require a face mask/covering for vaccinated individuals while on church grounds. Individuals may opt to continue masking if desired.
3. Do not visit the church grounds if you are feeling ill or have had contact with a person with COVID-19.
4. Leaders of groups using the grounds that have a key to the church may allow access to the lower level restrooms through the Crossings Room, with group members using restrooms one at a time. Leaders are required to be sure the church is locked and lights are off before departing.
5. Take all trash with you as trash pick up at the church is suspended.
Thanks so much for your cooperation, and for keeping yourself and others safe and healthy.
Task Force on Reopening
(George Faulkner, Marty Friedman, Susan Irgang, Robin Pugh, Bernie Ruekgauer, Steve Saddlemire, Linda Vogt, Michael Waas – Board Liaison)