by Marcia Wittman
The much-anticipated UUCWC Spring Auction, “Together Wherever We Are,” is right around the corner! Online bidding opens Saturday, May 1 at 9:00 a.m., and continues through Saturday, May 8, ending at 11:59 p.m. So now’s the time to look ahead and plan your participation in this fundraising and fun-raising, event.
Preview some of the appealing items that can be yours
Whether you’re interested in meals, services offered by church members, items for your home or to give as gifts, or vacation getaways, there’s something for you in this year’s auction.
Take a look at just a few of the many and varied items you can purchase or bid on:
• Dining In or Out – Persian Dinner, Shrimp and Crab Fest, Día de los Muertos Dinner, Dinner at Meadowlark in New Hope, Dinner at Inn of the Hawke in Lambertville
• Homemade Food Delivered – soups, pies, cookies, cakes, breads galore!
• Gift Cards – Brick Farm Market, Washington Crossing Inn, Erini’s Restaurant, Seasons Garden Center, Newtown Bookstore
• Services – Bicycle Tune-up/Repair, Spirituality-Meditation Workshops, House Plant Rescue, Hair Styling, Knitting Lessons, Conversational American Sign Language Workshop
• Sermon of Your Choice, offered by Reverend Kim Wildszewski
• Events – Wine Tastings, Philadelphia Flower Show Tickets, Movie Nights, Golf Outing, Nature Hikes, Sailing the Delaware River on The A. J. Meerwald, a historic ship
• Vacation Getaways – Rehoboth Beach House, Poconos Escape
• Physical Items – Handmade Quilts, Remote-controlled Car and Helicopter, Handmade Chess Table and Pieces, Kirkridge Walking Stick, Madame Alexander Ukrainian Doll
• Gift Baskets – Wine around the World, Edye’s Naturals (skin care) Gift Basket, Book Lovers Gift Basket, NJ Local and Fresher Farm Basket, UU Swag Bag
Auction items that involve a social gathering will follow current COVID-19 guidelines.
Pick up your auction book April 17 or 24
You can see the entire array of 200+ auction items in the professionally printed auction book. Pick up yours in the UUCWC parking lot April 17 or 24, 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. The book will also be available on the UUCWC website April 17. As an option for PA residents, pick up outside the Drew’s house on Saturday April 24, 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. Contact email@example.com for the address.
Then you can map out your auction bidding strategy by selecting the items you’d like, prioritizing them and reviewing the instructions.
You’re invited to the Auction Preview Party April 30
Get a sneak peek at the online auction registration and bidding process, see more of the exciting items being offered, and enjoy musical entertainment at the Auction Preview Party Friday, April 30, from 7:00 to 8:00 p.m. The Zoom link will be included in the Weekly Announcements email. It is the same as the Sing-along link, with Tech Host Nancy Neff.
You can also send a favorite photo of your pet (or stuffed animal) to participate in the PetPourri. Perhaps you’ll even win a door prize, awarded via a random drawing! Simply email your photo to auction@UUCWC.org by April 17th.
Make connections and build community all year long
Our members express it best:
“We love the UUCWC auction! It offers us wonderful opportunities to become better acquainted with our fellow congregants while enjoying fun and unique events with many wonderful people.”
— Sue and Steve Saddlemire
“If you like to go out to dinner, see a movie, visit a museum, go on a hike, etc., why not do it with someone from church by supporting the Annual Auction and the church? It’s definitely a WIN/WIN situation!!!”
— Lori Rahn
If you have questions or would like more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.