PT Office Support for vibrant Unitarian Universalist congregation in Titusville, NJ. 14 hours per week; 50 additional hours to be used throughout year as needed. Fridays a must; other days negotiable; mornings preferred. In coordination with Church Administrator and Director of Lifespan Religious Education, responsible for weekly communications, volunteer support and database maintenance. Comfort with use of Microsoft Office and online emailing software. $13-$15/ hr DOE. Check website www.uucwc.org prior to applying to ensure ability to work comfortably within organizational values. People with disabilities, people of color, and those who identify as L/G/B/T/Q are strongly encouraged to apply. Send resume/ queries to firstname.lastname@example.org . Attn: Church Administrator. Start date May 15. No calls please.
UUCWC Office Assistant Job Description:
Reports to the Church Administrator and Director of Lifespan Religious Education for congregational communication, scheduling, volunteer support and database maintenance. Work is of semi-routine nature under moderate supervision. Schedule is an average of 14 hours per week with a bank of 50 additional hours as needed, year round.
- Prepares, proofreads, and distributes written/printed materials such as newsletters, Sunday bulletins.
- Prepares weekly email blasts using iContact.
- Maintains email mailing lists, member and visitor participation information, and church calendar.
- Prepares classrooms for Sunday lessons.
- Phone, email, and/or personal contact with 300 person system
- Other clerical duties as assigned.
- Ability to read and write English in an understandable manner
- Preferred but not necessary: possess a valid driver’s license
- Must be over the age of 18
- Be qualified to work in the United States
- Possess a valid Social Security Number
- Knowledge and some experience working with common office software (i.e.: word processing, spreadsheet, database and publishing software) and office equipment (i.e.: copiers, phone systems)
- Must have familiarity with the internet and online applications; preferably experience with an internet emailer (iContact, Constant Contact, or something similar).
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills that result in building appropriate professional relationships with staff, members, visitors and callers
- Ability to prioritize work assignments
- Understanding of organizational values and ability to work in support of essential UUCWC values, including being a congregation that welcomes LGBTQ individuals and families, and a community that works to create an anti-racist, anti-oppression, multi-cultural society.